Step Up and Support 21 Acres
Contribute to 21 Acres with your purchase of an engraved paver. Bring special recognition to your family or business, or signify an important event or special day to a friend or loved one to be enjoyed every time they visit 21 Acres.
Engraved pavers will be placed with high visibility in strategic locations near the 21 Acres Center for Local Food and Sustainable Living. The current Kick-Off campaign is for prominent placement on the right side of the recycled glass stream bed as seen in the photo below. More information follows on the positive effects regarding the use of pervious pavers to our environment and the benefits to the 21 Acres stormwater system.
Your contribution makes a difference in support of our mission and programs.
$80 (small) 12” x 12”
$100 (medium) 12” x 24”
$125 (large) 24” x 24”
Contact Deb for more information. email@example.com
More information on Pervious Pavers
Pervious pavement is designed to allow percolation or infiltration of stormwater through the surface into the soil below where the water is naturally filtered and pollutants are removed. In contrast normal pavement is an impervious surface that sheds rainfall and associated surface pollutants forcing the water to run off paved surfaces directly into nearby storm drains and then into streams and lakes.
The use of pervious pavement has been found to:
- Reduce storm water runoff. (Even when pervious pavement structure is saturated, its rough surface texture continues to slow surface flow of stormwater);
- Replenish groundwater;
- Reduce flooding which may over-load combined sewer sewage treatment plants;
- Require less land set aside and cost for development of retention basins;
- Reduce pollutants in run-off;
- Reduce irrigation of area plantings based on the seepage of rain into the sub soil surfaces;
- Reduce thermal
- Lessen evaporative emissions from parked cars
- Reduce glare and automobile hydroplaning (skidding) accidents;
- Reduce pavement ice buildup.